- A degree or equivalent from a tertiary organisation recognised by Lloyd’s Register within the relevant field of engineering or physical science (minimum of two years programme) or Qualifications from a marine or nautical institution and relevant sea-going experience as a certificated ship’s officer.
- Membership of an appropriate professional institution.
- Working towards or achieving charted or incorporated engineering status.
- To work in accordance with professional codes of conduct and the LR Code of Ethics in IMS01.
- To use a combination of general and specialist engineering knowledge and understanding to apply existing and emerging technology.
- To be able to apply appropriate theoretical and practical methods to design, develop, manufacture, construct, commission, operate and maintain engineering products, processes, systems and services.
- To provide technical and commercial management, e.g. project management, process management.
- Proficiency in the English language commensurate with the work.
Durban, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa