To maintain a constant and persistent support to the Vessel Manager/Senior Vessel Manager (Offshore) and assist them in every way to manage the vessels in the most efficient and economical manner.
• Ensure ship certificates are maintained on electronic drive.
• Assist with repairs/services as arranged by the Superintendent in consultation with
• Coordinate with Class and Flag to ensure all vessel documents are updated at all times.
• Assist with compilation of specifications and import quotation for dry docking in Refman.
• Assist with compilation of docking reports as provided by the Superintendent.
• On occasion follow up with purchasing requirements as arranged by the Superintendent – liaising with the Purchasing Department.
• Assist with compilation of Insurance Claim documentation.
• Provide remote assistance to the Superintendents as required – vessels do not have Internet access or when Superintendent is travelling.
• Assist the Superintendent with Management Reports.
• Filing of certificates, weekly and monthly reports and documentation as received from the vessels / various other parties – moving to electronic filing on T-Drive.
• Update electronic filing on the Intranet to any changes within the organization or fleet.
• Send out certificates / documents to the vessel – write official letters/follow up on response from the vessel.
• Arrange and follow up on Travel Requirements for the Superintendents.
• Update and provide Class survey status as required by Assistant Marine/HSSEQ
• Prepare and coordinate switchboard duty.
• Arrange and coordinate for storage and retrieval of ship document and Manuals from / to warehouse.
• Documentation control receipt, dispatch and disperse mails / invoices to the ship and within the fleet personal.
• Assist fleet personal and other administrative duties when called upon.
• Diploma/Degree in Maritime Management
• 2 years of related work experience will be an added advantage