Handle the Technical Services and Procurement activities for assigned vessels.
Support the Technical Superintendent in managing the vessel’s budget and ensure cost optimization. Assess and report the performance of the vessels. Support the Company’s maintenance and procurement strategies to achieve defined targets and goals.
- Follow up on Lubricating Oil/Bunker/Boiler & Cooling Water Analysis Reports. Highlight any deviations to the Technical Superintendent and Vessel for follow up action.
- Keep the Certification PAL module updated for each assigned vessel.
- Collate the necessary data required for the preparation of Owners Reports.
- Follow up on the service/repair arrangements as arranged by Technical Superintendent to ensure timely Purchase Orders and Logistical Support are in place.
- Arrange for necessary services for the Annual Surveys (Safety Equipment/Radio Surveys/Lifeboat & Davit Service etc.).
- Communicate with Classification Societies for Annual & Occasional Surveys as directed by the Technical Superintendent.
- Arrange for Annual and Routine Servicing of Vessel’s Equipment (Gas Instruments/MMC Tapes etc.).
Purchasing & Quotation Management
- Support the vessel for ‘ad hoc’ & ‘emergency’ purchasing requirements.
- Issue Purchase Orders prior to the service delivery.
- Ensure that purchasing is done with approved and/or contracted vendors at the contracted prices.
- Negotiate with vendors to optimise costs.
- Follow up with vendor service delivery and update Technical Superintendent in case of potential problems, which will affect approved costs.
- Review the monthly OPEX status and highlight significant deviations to the Technical Superintendent.