- Daily monitoring of the assigned ships for all operations related to cargo.
- To provide support to the vessel to ensure safety of the cargo, navigation and other marine operational matters.
- Liaise with Charterers and Owners on cargo related commercial matters.
- Supports assigned vessels with heavy weather avoidance and to keep updated with developing tropical storms in the vicinity.
- To take a lead in SIRE/CDI preparations for assigned vessels, remote monitoring of key documents electronically.
- Attend vessels from time to time for purpose of carrying out ‘Cargo Audit’, and/or supervising cargo operations, tank cleaning or any other matters, as deemed necessary.
- To liase with Technical department and ensure that the cargo and navigation related equipment are maintained in top operational condition.
- Handle communication and claim matters with P&I Club regarding cargo matters.
- To deal with contingencies, as per specific duties mentioned in ‘Contingency Planning Manual’.
- Assist in investigations of all cargo related, navigation and mooring matters.
Regulatory/Legislative Statutory Compliance
- 100% compliance with International Maritime Organisation (IMO), Flag State and Port State rules and regulations
Quality & Continuous Improvement
- Drive implementation of approved ‘Continuous Improvement’ projects in collaboration with the Quality team.
- Establish clear expected levels of performance from crew and work with manager on updating the SOP’s.
- Demonstrates a complete understanding of the Safety & QMS policies & procedures and ensures that the on-shore and off-shore employees operate at the same level of understanding and awareness
Health, Safety and Environment Compliance
- Responsible for creating and sustaining a positive safety culture on-board all vessels under charge
- Ensures a safe & compliant working environment is provided to all off-shore employees by demonstrating a complete and accurate understanding of the health & safety policies and practices of the organisation
- Owns and responsible for delivery of safety messages/training to off-shore employees during site or vessel visits
People and Leadership Management
- Articulates clear and specific goals for employees on board vessels under charge.
- Lead, coach, engage, motivate, mentor employees to develop their strengths and build their capabilities as per their defined roles and personal goals
- Responsible for continuous performance discussions with direct reports to drive learning and self-improvement
- Manage and maintain the talent pool by engaging top performers and taking definitive action on bottom performers