Monitor and control the safe and cost-efficient technical operation of assigned vessels using the available resources, the defined parameters of cost, commercial viability, and operational excellence in line with Owners’ expectations.
- Understand the customers’ contractual agreements to be able to deliver the ship management services for each vessel, in a cost-efficient manner.
- Review the compliance of deliverables from subcontractors’ agreements and requirements to ensure the optimum, efficient, and safe operation of each assigned vessel.
- Monitor the operations of equipment and machineries, identify potential discrepancies, and suggest solutions to enhance vessels’ efficiency, performance, and safety.
- Participate in the development of maintenance and repairs plan. Ensure that time schedule, deliverables quality and budget are within the borders of the contractual agreement and organisation’s procedure.
- Project the requirements in maintenance and repairs activities, spare parts, and technical training of the vessels. Forecast the budget needed, report to Manager and remain within the limits of the established maintenance plan. Upon approval, follow up its execution, report, and discrepancies, and propose solutions.
- Oversee all technical operations, ensure timely and accurate completion of dry-docking, maintenance, and repair activities.
- Monitor and assess the requisition requests received from the vessels.
- Ensure that the quality and quantity of the Compliance Matrix of spares and consumables are in accordance with BSM’s Procedures.
Execution of Technical Inspection / Audits
- Manage all vessel visits, audits, and inspections from planning to implementation.
- Produce and submit vessel visit reports to the Fleet Manager and/or Managing Director, apply proposed corrective actions.
- Liaise with the LPSQ department to secure the alignment of all technical requirements and standards of the fleet with the Company’s LPSQ policy and relevant legislation, contributing towards environmental protection.
- Liaise with Fleet Personnel Manager on issues concerning potential loss caused by human factors.
- Keep up-to-date with the developments in the maritime industry, to identify and propose relevant improvements and technical solutions.
- Review and offer potential improvements on technical issues identified from both onboard and shore-based teams.
- Provide reports involving incidents, technical developments, maintenance activities, repair progress, current operational status, docking, budget spend patterns in a timely and quality manner.
Management of Resources
- Review performance appraisals for senior officers on board and provide feedback and support for their career development.