To provide engineering expertise to the port(s), including guidance and solutions to technical issues, including modification to vessels in the port(s) to achieve best operational performance.
To keep the Port Manager, Cluster Technical Manager and Cluster MD informed of all significant operational/technical issues which impact upon the availability and readiness of the vessels with the fleet.
Specific Area of Responsibility:
Ensure that all vessels in the port(s) are properly maintained and ready to meet the operational requirements of the port and our service commitment to our customers.
• Management of the technical budget for the maintenance and dry dockings, including monitoring and control of the costs of repairs and maintenance.
• To be aware of the need to keep within the budget for spare parts, fuel and lube oil usage.
• Assist the Cluster Technical Manager in the planning and co-ordination of maintenance, regular servicing, dry dockings and upgrades through the designated service providers.
• Undertake planned maintenance systems.
• Assist the Cluster Technical Manager to co-ordinate and control the supply of equipment, Spares, etc. via SERTICA.
• Execution of surveys, inspections and certification ensuring that the vessels are fully operational in accordance with classification requirements.
• Assist in the preparation of new vessels joining the fleet
• Promote SVITZER commitment to work safely
• Where a vessel is damaged to input into any investigation and claims reports and to organize the repair.
• Coach the engineers deployed within the crew.
• Engineering qualification min Class 1 Motor Unlimited.
• Previous operational/management experience is required
• Marine experience including management of sea going crew is essential
• Strong IT and technical skills
• Experience of managing budget
Training and competencies
• Strong communication skills – written and oral
• Ability to get to the root of the Problem and to come up with innovative solutions
• Good team working skills
• Planning and organizational skills
• Ability to work under pressure to hard deadline