As a Technical Superintendent (TSI) you act as the technical consultant to the vessel management team consisting of Master, Chief Engineer and Vessel Superintendent (VSI). In this role you monitor the technical performance of the assigned vessels and arrange and execute maintenance and repair periods according to global standards for fleet management and management contracts. Travelling is part of the role, since the assigned vessels are located globally.
- You ensure maintenance is in accordance with the applicable rules & regulations, industry standards and the Fugro Maintenance Strategy;
- You are responsible for continuous preparation of maintenance & repair periods and their budgets, and you report expenditure on the approved capitalized budget versus expenditure;
- You make sure that reviews are all planned, repair work scopes are reported and contribute to modifications where necessary ;
- You advise on purchasing of materials and/or services in accordance with best economic interests;
- You make sure emergency docking plans and documents are up to date;
- You advise the VSI and Chief Engineer on technical matters and provide input on performance reviews.