• Daily monitoring of the assigned ships for all operations related to cargo.
• To provide support to the vessel to ensure safety of the cargo, navigation and other marine operational matters.
• Liaise with Charterers and Owners on cargo related commercial matters.
• Supports assigned vessels with heavy weather avoidance and to keep updated with developing tropical storms in the vicinity.
• To take a lead in SIRE/CDI preparations for assigned vessels, remote monitoring of key documents electronically.
• Attend vessels from time to time for purpose of carrying out ‘Cargo Audit’, and/or supervising cargo operations, tank cleaning or any other matters, as deemed necessary.
• To liase with Technical department and ensure that the cargo and navigation related equipment are maintained in top operational condition.
• Handle communication and claim matters with P&I Club regarding cargo matters.
• To deal with contingencies, as per specific duties mentioned in ‘Contingency Planning Manual’.
• Assist in investigations of all cargo related, navigation and mooring matters.
Regulatory/Legislative Statutory Compliance
• 100% compliance with International Maritime Organisation (IMO), Flag State and Port State rules and regulations
Quality & Continuous Improvement
• Drive implementation of approved ‘Continuous Improvement’ projects in collaboration with the Quality team.
• Establish clear expected levels of performance from crew and work with manager on updating the SOP’s.
• Demonstrates a complete understanding of the Safety & QMS policies & procedures and ensures that the on-shore and off-shore employees operate at the same level of understanding and awareness
Health, Safety and Environment Compliance
• Responsible for creating and sustaining a positive safety culture on-board all vessels under charge
• Ensures a safe & compliant working environment is provided to all off-shore employees by demonstrating a complete and accurate understanding of the health & safety policies and practices of the organisation
• Owns and responsible for delivery of safety messages/training to off-shore employees during site or vessel visits
People and Leadership Management
• Articulates clear and specific goals for employees on board vessels under charge.
• Lead, coach, engage, motivate, mentor employees to develop their strengths and build their capabilities as per their defined roles and personal goals
• Responsible for continuous performance discussions with direct reports to drive learning and self-improvement
• Manage and maintain the talent pool by engaging top performers and taking definitive action on bottom performers
• Bachelor’s degree/Diploma or equivalent in Marine Engineering/ Navigation/Internationally recognized shipping degree/qualification
• Hold MEO Class 1 Certificate of competency or Certificate of Competency II/2 (for Master/Chief Officer) or Certificate of Competency III/2 (for Chief Engineer/Second Engineer) under STCW Code
• A minimum of 3 years’ relevant experience as Chief Engineer/Second Engineer or Master/Chief Officer on Tanker Cargo. Of this a minimum sailing experience of 6 months as Chief Engineer/Master (12 months is desirable)
• Proficient in speaking and writing English is a must
• Knowledge in Classifications Society procedures and regulations is desirable.
• Should have prior people management experience
• Proven track record in intermediate and special dry dockings, ship repair, mobilizations and in-water repairs
• Demonstrated Commercial acumen and ability to manage vessel financials within scope as well as satisfy client’s requirements
• IT literate and computer savvy
• Business Administration qualification will be an added advantage
• Analysis & problem solving
• Collaboration, inclusion & teamwork
• Listening and communicating
• Customer focus
• Planning & organising
• Resilience and wellbeing