The Third Engineer has the following specific responsibilities:
• Perform engine room watch-keeping duties when required
• Perform work routines in his/her area of responsibility and as directed by the Chief Engineer and/or Second Engineer
• Maintain generator engines and fuel injection equipment as required by the PMS and as directed by the Chief Engineer and Second Engineer
• Ensure that the generator engines are well maintained for optimum performance and fuel consumption. Report any breakdown, failure or deviation to the Chief Engineer and Second Engineer
• Check stock of Generator and fuel injector spare parts to ensure minimum requirements is kept at all times
• Maintain order and cleanliness in the generator engine room(s) and in other work areas
• Perform routine and maintenance activities, including breakdown maintenance, as directed by the Chief Engineer and/or Second Engineer
• Ensure chemicals are used safely and as per Material Safety Data Sheet instruction
• Instruct and supervise in the use of safety, environmental protection, firefighting and lifesaving equipment
• Understand the importance of briefing and debriefing to ensure efficient teamwork.
• Supervision of personnel in his/her charge including:
o Health and safety.
o Environmental protection.
o Use of manuals and procedures.
- At least 12 Months Rank Exp on Minimum 20000 BHP Vessel with ME/RT Flex as 3E with Class 2 coc