• Management and administration of Marine Operations within the Gulf Cluster assigned operations.
• Management and control of vessel maintenance and deck-side technical matters
• Ensure compliance with all Class, Flag and Statutory Certification for all vessels, liaise closely with the Technical Manager for technical/engineering side of surveys.
• Management of Masters, Skippers, team leaders, line handlers and Chief Officers to ensure compliance with Svitzer processes and procedures at all times
• Management and oversight of Crew Administration to ensure vessel are properly manned at all times
• Ensure all crews have appropriate training to meet Svitzer OVMSA requirements and deliver training required to meet OVMSA compliance
• Management of crew to ensure a safe working environment is maintained at all times
• Work closely with Client’s representatives to ensure a full understanding of tug capabilities is maintained across operations and address Client concerns on delivery of the service
• Provide and maintain a high level of customer service
• Conduct regular safety drills and exercises to ensure the required standards are maintained on all vessels
• Conduct simulator exercises with Deck Officers to ensue competence standards are met and maintained
• Ensure all incidents and accidents are reported and investigated as appropriate
• Ensure vessel and crew compliance with Marine Standards requirements.
• Act as Svitzer Representative when it comes to exchanges with the Bahrain Port and Maritime affairs regarding vessel certificates and manning documents.
• Coordination of day to day crew and line handlers’ management including crew rostering
• Coordination of the recruitment, selection and training of vessel Masters, Skippers and Chief Officers in compliance with Svitzer ROAM processes and procedures; Control of the recruitment, selection and training of Deck Ratings in consultation with the Country Manager and other relevant functional managers in accordance with company guidelines
• Ensure employee records including crew certification and inductions are up to date and captured in Crew Inspector.
• Develop a succession plan for the deck officer positions within the operation, including designing and implementing adequate training plans for existing and newly recruited crew members
• Provide Crewing and Operational Budget inputs for annual budgets and forecasts
• Initiation of local purchases to approved financial limits
• Control and optimisation of operational costs including but not limited to over time when applicable
• Implement operational efficiencies to reduce day to day operational costs
GENERAL / OTHER
• Other duties as may be reasonably required from time to time, including provide coverage for other Management positions during periods of absence as delegated by the Country Manager
• Strong knowledge of marine towage operations
• Strong knowledge of ISM, OVMSA and offshore marine standards.
• Marine Qualifications, preferably Master Class 1, unlimited.
• Good diagnostic skills
• Budget formulation, monitoring and cost management skills
• Effective communication skills, including negotiation and project
• Excellent prioritization and time management skills with the ability to delegate tasks and follow-up as required.
• Computer literacy in Word, Excel and MS Project
• High level of awareness of HS&E management.
• Must remain up to date with Industry advances, technology and legislation.
• Resilient, pro-active, self-starter
• Minimum of 5 years of shore experience in managing towage and terminal operations
• Have an ability to make decisions and prioritize
• Work well under pressure
• Fluency in both oral and written English, local language (Arabic) preferred