Training Superintendent (Gas)
We are looking for a Training Superintendent (Gas) to join our team in Limassol, Cyprus. The chosen individual will be responsible in enhancing the overall performance of the BSM Group of companies by providing relevant and applicable on-board training for seagoing staff and ensuring the results of such training meet and exceed the group and customer’s requirements in a quality-controlled environment.
- Responsible for the development, planning, co-ordination, and supervision of all gas (LPG, LNG and IGF) training activities, including the delivery of simulator programmes using the Liquid Cargo Simulator.
- Manage and coordinate all 3rd party external contractor involvement in development or delivery of gas programmes, such as software development.
- Prepare course material, review, mark and record pre and post course test papers, workbooks and practical assessments.
- Develop and deliver presentations and relevant materials in accordance with local legislation, company policies and procedures, and best Marine practices.
- Provide internal and external customers with detailed student progress reports, and ongoing individual and team development plans/course schedules/learning events.
- Periodically review training programmes, teaching materials and visual aids, including student handouts.
- Obtain and maintain all required Gas training approvals, accreditations and marine authority endorsements.
- Ensure all on board training is delivered within a quality-controlled environment, learning transfer is achieved through controlled evaluation and assessment, leading to improved safety and performance.
- Regularly communicate with and provide periodical reports to Onboard Training Manager and MTC Manager. Ensure all activities are performed within approved budget.
- During on board periods, reviews the status and progress of all candidates currently participating in the promotion process, reviews status of cadets training progress and aligns it with overall group cadet program, coordinates with the on-board training Officer.
- Review and assess the effectiveness of MTC delivered training programmes and report any areas for improvement or change.
- Keep ahead of industry and BSM changes affecting training needs and Inputs.