• Inspect Maersk Time Chartered and Owned vessels covering but not limited to
1. Vessel condition surveys
2. Pre-Charter Surveys
3. Crane Surveys
4. On Hire Surveys
5. Pre-Purchase Inspections
• Assist with incident investigations including root cause analysis.
• Day to Day challenges in the region locally - Assist teams including LOC.
• Engage in dialogues with Local Authorities (e.g. MSA) discussing challenges and proposals with close dialogue with Marine Standards
• Participate in Marine related Seminars in the region as per direction from Marine Standards
• Engage with Time Charter Ship Managers in the region
• Inspect TC vessels in Drydock in the region
• Conduct Verification of critical controls
• Interact with Ship owners and managers for inspection finding follow up
• Drive continuous improvement of FleetRisk Platform from Surveyor’s perspective
• Local Talent
• Master Mariner or a Senior Marine Engineer with sailing background onboard container vessel.
• Prior Audit, Vessel Survey experience would be an advantage.
• Good knowledge of SOLAS, MARPOL, ISPS and IMO rules and local MSA guidelines.
• Good English communication skills both written and spoken.
• Good people management skills
• Prior experience working as Class/P&I Surveyor or Superintendent would be an advantage.
• Inspect vessels depending on vessel schedule.
• Inspect vessels in Shanghai and Ningbo region mainly.
• Have own transport to attend vessel at ports.
• Knowledge and comfortable using digital tools for creating inspection reports.