Vessel Technical Superintendent
As vessel technical superintendent (TSI) you will work for our Fleet Management department. The department provides technical support and the main focus is to keep the fleet in shipshape.
Your responsibilities as vessel technical superintendent:
- Analyze and optimize the performance of the vessels in close cooperation with the crew on board.
- Report technical and operational performance and provide input to optimize the ships.
- Support with acute technical problems on board.
- Ensure that the scope of planned ship repairs is up to date (ongoing repairs, damage and modifications).
- Follow up the exploitation of the assigned vessels, taking into account the correct allocation of costs.
- Implementing and monitoring the general technical and safety standards and reporting on possible improvements to ensure the safety of our colleagues and the locality.
In the role of vessel technical superintendent, it is essential to have the ability to work in a planned and independent way. You must have an eye for detail but you should certainly never lose sight of the bigger picture. On the basis of your extensive technical expertise and enthusiasm for high-end technical solutions, you can convince colleagues and stakeholders, and extend their knowledge.
Furthermore you need to have the following to make your mark as vessel technical superintendent:
- A higher vocational education (hbo) or (mbo) degree in mechanical engineering, or similar qualification.
- At least two years’ experience as (vessel) technical superintendent, inspector or chief engineer.
- Willing to relocate to the Netherlands.
- Technical and operational project knowledge.
- Knowledge of or interest in the dredging process and dredging equipment.
- No problem travelling (within Europe, Middle East, Far East).
- A familiarity with health & safety regulations relating to our business as well as fleet management systems such as Maximo.
- A good command of written and spoken English.
Papendrecht, South Holland, Netherlands