1. The Seafarers Relief Package (SRP) is part of the MaritimeSG Together Package to provide further financial support to the maritime industry in the wake of the global COVID-19 outbreak. Our seafarers are frontline workers who keep essential goods flowing, and they make invaluable contributions to Singapore’s maritime sector. Since 1 May 2020, the Maritime and Port Authority of Singapore (MPA), together with Singapore Maritime Officers’ Union (SMOU) and Singapore Organisation of Seamen (SOS), have provided up to $800 per month in financial assistance to each Singaporean seafarer who was unable to secure shipboard employment between 1 May 2020 to 31 July 2020, due to border control measures and crew change restrictions.
2. To continue supporting Singaporean seafarers whose employment have been affected by the global COVID-19 outbreak, MPA, SMOU and SOS will;
(i) extend the SRP by 3 months (i.e. the maximum support provided to an eligible Singaporean seafarer would be increased from 3 months to 6 months); and
(ii) extend the eligibility period for the SRP to cover 1 August 2020 to 31 December 2020.
3. Eligible Singaporean seafarers who are unable to secure shipboard employment between 1 May to 31 Dec 2020 may apply for up to $4,800 (i.e. $800 x 6) in financial assistance.The eligibility criteria are laid out in Annex A. Applicants can submit their applications using the online form in this Link.
4. MPA, SMOU and SOS will continue to work with industry partners to support Singaporean seafarers during this COVID-19 pandemic period.
5. For any queries or clarifications on the extension of the SRP, please call the MPA hotline at 1800 272 7777 (select Option 9, then 3) or email email@example.com.
CAPT KEVIN WONG
for CHIEF EXECUTIVE
MARITIME AND PORT AUTHORITY OF SINGAPORE