Marine Surveyor Job In Italy
RINA is seeking to hire a Marine Surveyor for its office in Trieste.
Primary function is to survey and assess ships and other marine structures during construction and in service, for compliance with the applicable Class, statutory and other possible applicable requirements.
The successful candidate will:
- Act as a professional specialist for the organization in the application of related Rules, Regulations, requirements, concepts, principles and processes
- Prepare technically accurate and timely reports of inspections and surveys performed
- Maintain survey files in an orderly and up-to-date manner in area of responsibility
- Maintain active awareness of new working methods and developments affecting the technical scope of assigned responsibilities
- Recommend new approaches to problems encountered
- Perform routine surveys on classed ships, platforms or other marine structures and at manufacturers sites for compliance with classification and statutory requirements
- Engage in contact with clients to solve problems within area of expertise
- At least 3 years’ experience working as a Junior Surveyor or at least 5 years’ experience in the engineering or survey fields within the marine industry or other applicable industry to their specialization
- Qualifications from a tertiary institution within a relevant field of engineering or physical science (minimum 2 years program), or qualifications from a marine or nautical institution and relevant seagoing experience as a certificated ship officer
- Proficiency in the English language commensurate with the scope of classification, statutory certification, related services and, before assignment, with their future work
- Ability to understand engineering plans and have a basic knowledge of shipbuilding practices and ship operations
- Knowledge of ships' engineering systems and machinery
- Knowledge of computer programs or software packages related to job responsibilities
- Knowledge of related technical interfaces required for group project work
Applications that are not in line with the requirements will not be considered. This job offer is extended to both sexes, in accordance with the Italian Law (Legislative Decree 198/2006 and subsequent amendments and additions).