The candidate will work closely with the Fleet Performance experts and be responsible to support on the strategy of fuel optimization that will make an impact at a vessel and pool level, along with being responsible for delivering fact based analysis for vessel and fleet performance using vessel performance systems as well as optimized solutions to improve commercial operations.
Key Responsibilities include –
- Evaluate fuel performance data with the goal of reducing fuel consumption onboard our vessels and deliver and analyse data in a structured format that directly links to the work process on the commercial and technical front line and financial bottom line
- Create full transparency on our fleet performance towards internal and external stakeholders and be responsible for data structures and data flow related to fleet performance in collaboration with our business intelligence team/ digital team
- Act as a subject matter expert (SME) in close collaboration with internal and external stakeholders as well as the vessels in the commercial pool and undertake role of a project manager while anchoring and directing the projects in fleet performance and commercial team
- Automate manual data process and ensure continuous process improvement and work within team to support the development of the next generation system for propulsion efficiency, energy management and voyage planning and execution
An ideal candidate should be a motivated Naval Architect with bachelor’s or master’s degree in Naval Architecture and minimum 5 years’ experience focusing on vessel performance, ship design and fleet efficiency along with solid technical knowledge within ship design and vessel and technical operations
Added abilities include –
- Ability to link data and analysis to physical aspect of our fleet and solid analytical mindset to work with complex data in a structured manner
- Experience in programming skill, big data and Visual Basic, SQL, Matlab, R or Python
- Ability to work with multiple stakeholders in complex situations and ability to take ownership and keen interest in setting direction and bringing results
- Good English communication skills, both written and verbal
As an employee with Maersk Tankers you will be part of a diverse working environment. Maersk Tankers strongly encourages continuous learning at work and sharing of best practices by rewarding innovations. We aren’t all about work, we believe in a holistic development of our employees and so regularly organize recreational activities giving our employees a chance to unwind and showcase their creative side. As an organization we believe in a people-centric approach with emphasis on employee engagement and work-life balance.
Maersk Tankers offers an attractive career with the possibility of continuous professional and personal development. We focus on diversity and equal opportunities, we work in an informal and flexible space, striving to provide an optimal work-life balance.