Financial – P+L Responsibility
• Prepare budgets and financial plans for the port, in conjunction with Cluster MD.
• Monitor and control the port operating budget to ensure that all resources are deployed effectively and that the port is running at optimal operational efficiency.
• Report back on a regularly on the ports performance to key stakeholders.
Operations – Leading our Growing London Business
• To manage all activities in the port entity as a profit centre.
• To protect all assets and ensuring they are properly maintained.
• To seek continual improvements in service to our customers.
• Manage the relationship with the Port Authority, other statutory bodies and community groups.
• Build and nurture relationships with local customers to derive maximum value from the business relationship.
• Work with Marine standards to promote safe operations, quality assurance and security of the business.
• Implement security plans for the port to ensure the protection of people and assets.
Safety – Always first
• Proactively support Svitzer’s commitment to safety, ensuring that all operations are risk assessed, adequately resourced and all appropriate procedures as defined in HMS are completed i.e Permits and licences are in place.
• Ensure compliance with all health, safety and environmental regulatory demands.
• Manage and be accountable for the deployment of the requirements of the HMS system in the port.
• Ensure, in liaison with Marine Standards, all accidents are fully investigated and incident reports prepared.
People – Developing the Team
• Manage and be accountable for all daily activities of shoreside and crews within the operation
• Performance Management
• Work with the HR to recruit people with the relevant skills, qualifications and attributes for the business.
• Manage the relationship with the local union branch, holding regular consultation meetings and resolving any disputes that may arise with support from HR.
• Have a good understanding of HR policies and processes.
• Drive employee engagement through effective day to day management of our people and ensuring that people are kept informed of what is happening in the business.
Commercial – Growing the Customer Base
• Implementing business strategy to maximise profitability within your operation.
• Assist the Cluster MD and Commercial Team in business development/ sales activities, including the preparation of commercial/ Business development tenders
• Being aware of commercial activities and competitors within your region.
• Providing innovative solutions to complex commercial matters.
Customer Service – Going above and beyond
• Ensuring that all customer expectations and SLA’s are met.
• Building and maintaining strong, transparent relationships
• Educated to degree level or equivalent.
• Previous management experience within a commercial business.
• Experience of working with and managing budgets.
• Understanding how to drive engagement and culture.
• PNL ownership and successful past deliveries in similar environment, would be advantageous.
• Thorough understanding of health and safety, experience of Marine Standards i.e. ISM, would be advantageous.
• A Marine qualification and previous marine/maritime experience, would be advantageous.
• Excellent Leadership Skills and influencing skills.
• Ability to think strategically.
• Capability to work with complex problems and under pressure.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Management capabilities – prioritising and planning work to be executed.
• Strong team working skills
• Ability to drive and travel internationally, if required.