Offshore Jobs- Second Mate Job Vacancy
Second Mate is third in command of the vessel and a watch keeping officer. Their responsibility lies in the safe and efficient voyage and navigation of the vessel. In some cases the Second Officer acts as the Safety Officer ensuring the compliance of the vessel operations with regards to international regulations and company requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receive and provide necessary written instructions from and to the other Deck Officer
- Is Conversant with the vessel maneuvering and bridge equipment + the vessel DP system including its functions, the manuals and procedures.
- Aware of the DP Plan Maintenance
- Communicate and report to the Master any deficiency, incident or event that may potentially impact the vessel operations (including DP operations)
- Participate in emergency and DP emergency response trainings.
- Committed to Safety and Company Procedures in all task
Above mentioned list of duties is not exhaustive and tasks on board vessels assigned to this position are not limited to above list.
Areas of operations:
- West Africa (Angola, Nigeria, Gabon, Cameroon, Congo, Ivory Coast,...)
- Persian Gulf (Saudi Arabia, Qatar, UAE)
Rotation (in average):
Our minimum certificate requirements:
- OOW license unlimited (STCW A-II/1)
- DPO unlimited certificate
Our minimum experience requirements:
- FSIV experience
- water jet experience
Seaman jobsite-See more Offshore jobs