Senior Marine Surveyor
Senior Marine Surveyor Job In England UK
RINA is seeking an experienced Marine Surveyor to join our growing team within our civil marine division, sailing to the highest standards in technologies, rules and notations to handle shipping, offshore and yachting units. Your primary function is to survey, examine, assess and report on vessels and other marine structures during and after construction. You will ensure compliance with the applicable requirements for maintaining a vessel, meeting associated statutory and special service requirements related to Safety of Life at Sea, Loadline, Tonnage, Cargo Gear and Pollution Prevention Certification.
This role will be based in our Southampton office, but regular travel to ports across UK, Ireland, Scotland and Iceland is required.
- Act as a professional specialist for the organisation in the application of related rules, regulations, requirements, concepts, principles and processes.
- Perform routine surveys on classed vessels and other marine structures for classification and compliance with statutory requirements.
- Prepare technically accurate and timely reports of inspections and surveys performed.
- Consult and advise clients to resolve problems within area of expertise.
- Maintain survey files in an orderly and up-to-date manner in area of responsibility
- Lead engineering plans and understand shipbuilding practices and vessel operations.
- Preferably qualified as ISM/ISPS Auditor and MLC Inspector.
- At least ten years of surveying experience within the marine domain.
- Knowledge of ships' engineering systems and machinery.
- Effectively communicate verbally and in writing; build and sustain strong relationships with clients.
- Analyse problems and propose / implement solutions.
- Team player: ability to work well with others.
- Develop the skills necessary for the administration of office procedures and monitoring of business performance at an assigned port.
- Develop a working knowledge of RINA Rules, Guides, statutory regulations, and related instructions, as well as the RINA Employee Safety Policy.
Required Education Requirements :
- Qualification from a tertiary institution within a relevant field of engineering or physical science or;
- Qualification from a marine or nautical institution and relevant seagoing experience as a certificated ship's officer.
Southampton, England, United Kingdom