1.Take lamb out of fridge at least 1 hour before roasting. (Note 2)
2. Rub: Combine rosemary, garlic and olive oil. Mix and set aside for 20 minutes+.
3. Preheat oven to 220C/430F (fan forced / convection) (Note 3) with oven shelf in the middle.
4. Place garlic cut side up in a roasting pan. Toss in rosemary sprigs.
5. Turn the lamb over so the underside is facing up. Pour half the Rub on, add a good sprinkle of salt and pepper. Rub all over.
6. Transfer into roasting pan, placing it on the garlic to elevate the lamb. Rub remaining rub + salt and pepper over lamb.
7. Roast lamb for 20 minutes then turn down to 180C/350F (fan forced/convection) (Note 4). Roast for 1 hour - total of 1 hr 20 minutes.
8. Remove lamb from oven. The internal temperature should be 55 - 60C/131 - 140F for medium rare (pictured). This will rise to 61 - 65C / 142 - 151F after resting. See notes for cook times - Note 5.
9. Transfer lamb to plate, cover with foil and rest for 20 - 30 minutes.
10. Make gravy straight away while roasting pan is hot.
1. Remove rosemary sprigs. You should have around 4 - 5 tbsp of fat. If less, add butter. If much more, discard a bit.
2. Place roasting pan on stove over medium heat. When the fat starts to bubble, then add flour. Mix flour in and cook for 1 minute.
3. Pour in half the beef stock and mix to dissolve sludge in, then add remaining beef stock and mix.
4. Use a potato masher (if you're really keen like me) to mush the garlic to squeeze out the flavour.
5. Add salt and pepper to taste.
6. Simmer for a couple of minutes, stirring, until it starts to thicken. Take it off the stove BEFORE the gravy is the thickness you want because it will keep thickening.
7. Strain into a bowl, mushing garlic to squeeze all the liquid out. Then pour into gravy boat.
1. Serve lamb with gravy on the side, peas and Truly Crunchy Roast Potatoes.
Grill salmon with Red Wine Sauce and roasted eggplant and carrot